Message to Marsha

O my lovely friend, I am sorry to hear your beautiful friend has departed. Rest in Peace Robert.I took this picture of him under the worst circumstances. It was at an opening at the National Gallery in maybe 1992. I waited for him to break free from his party, but while I waited he kept drinking scotch and encouraging me to keep pace. After about a half an hour we each got a double scotch and proceed to the empty gallery. He later told Ann Abramson it was not only the worst portrait of him but the worst picture ever taken. But he couldn't have been nicer. I wish I had taken a better picture. Hope you are well. truly, Tom Wolff

Tom Wolffwww.tomwolffphoto.com

Thanks Tom ... I was unable to upload your photo :)

Hi Marsha,I was deeply saddened to hear about the passing of Robert Rauschenberg. As we prepared for your show to honor the Ralls Collection's anniversary as well as his, I could tell how important he was to you as a mentor and a friend. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you at this difficult time.Sincerely, Lindsay

I'm sorry for your loss. I know he was very special to you. Thoughts and prayers, HH.

Hey Marsha, I heard that your friend, Robert Rauschenberg, passed away and I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you. I know he was a mentor and a friend, and most importantly, someone you cared about. Very sorry to hear the news ... take care, Deborah

No comments: